Thursday, December 9, 2010

Well known for

Different people have different views on what and how japan appeals to them. Personally, japan is a country full of beauty landscape and scenery, however that is not all. Japan also has high technology and produces the most beautiful types of art.

I have a created a top 10 list of what japan is well known for

1. Anime and manga

2. Technology

3. Cherry blossom

4. Samurai and ninjas

5. Kimono

6. Festivals

7. Scenery

8. Sweets

9. Shrines

10. Origami

Above are the 10 items, that I would think of immediately when Japan is mentioned. Especially for 1. Anime and manga. To me, these 2 aspect are what attract me the most. I am personally a big fan of anime. From anime and manga, I got exposed to a lot more culture and traditions of japan. It is also linked to their music Jpop artists. The interest from anime and manga also got me interested in the language and urged me to learn their language so that I can better understand.

One most common item that japan is known for to the world, would be their cherry blossom. It is considered their national flower although it is unofficial. It holds a very prominent position in the Japanese culture. There are various number of cherry blossom types found all over japan. During the blooming season, the Japanese celebrate Hanami, or cherry blossom viewing, where they organize picnic and sit under the blooming cherry blossom trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment